Today, Velcro Companies continues to be the premier manufacturer and innovator of hook and loop fasteners. We are always tinkering with the VELCRO® Brand concept to find new and interesting ways to use our products and solutions—at home, at work, and at play.
With worldwide locations and a presence in over forty countries, we’re sure we’ll never be short of ideas, idea-makers, or uncharted territories to explore.
- VELCRO® Brand hook and loop is used for applications ranging from agricultural to industrial cleaning to transportation. For example, VELCRO® Brand hook and loop secures the AstroTurf at a professional football stadium and secures Kevlar plates in U.S. military apparel.
- Velcro Companies serves a variety of industries including:
- Medical and Healthcare
- Personal Care
- Velcro Companies own over 400 active Patents for its product line
For further information regarding registered trademark use for the VELCRO® brand, please visit Patents & Trademarks
or scroll below.
About Our Trademark
Below are guidelines for the proper use of the VELCRO® trademark, which assists us in safeguarding the integrity of the VELCRO® brand, and helps to protect consumers from products incorrectly sold as VELCRO® brand products.
We ask that you use the VELCRO® mark in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Use the VELCRO® mark only in connection with genuine VELCRO® brand fasteners. Identify non-VELCRO® brand products by their common terms, including “hook and loop,” “touch fasteners,” “self-adhesive straps,” and so forth.
2. When referring to genuine VELCRO® brand products, use the registration symbol (®) and the word "brand" directly following the trademark. Where possible, capitalize the mark. Example: “VELCRO® brand.”
3. Follow the word "brand” with the correct generic term for the fastener or other product. For example, you might say, "Our product features genuine VELCRO® brand touch fasteners."
4. Always use the VELCRO® mark as an adjective, and never as a noun or a verb. When referring to non-VELCRO® brand hook and loop, do not use the VELCRO® mark. Examples:
Incorrect: “She prefers velcro to buttons or zippers.”
Correct: “She prefers VELCRO® brand fasteners to buttons or zippers”
Incorrect: “He leaned down to velcro his shoes.”
Correct: “He leaned down to fasten his shoes.”
5. Where possible, include a trademark notice that says: "VELCRO® is a registered trademark of Velcro Industries B. V."
If you have any questions about these use guidelines, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.