Effective Date: 01/27/2014
Velcro USA Inc. complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Velcro USA Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Velcro USA Inc.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
1. Information Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
We use this information to:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
2. Information Sharing
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such sending you emails. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- If Velcro USA Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
3. User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, you may request that we correct, update, amend or remove/delete it by emailing our Customer Support here. or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us here
4. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
We use session ID cookies and/or persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Our cookies help us determine which content on our site is most effective. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
- Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6. Additional Information
Our Web site offer a publicly accessible blog and community forum. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us here
. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
7. Contact Us
Velcro USA Inc.
406 Brown Avenue
Manchester, NH 03103